What are Fine lines and wrinkles?
Fine lines and wrinkles arise because of irregular thickening of the dermis and because of a decrease in the amount of water held by the epidermis. This is mainly caused by sun damage and exposure to environmental toxins particularly tobacco smoke.
Deeper lines or furrows are classified as dynamic or static. Dynamic lines appear with movement i.e. the activity of facial muscles. Static lines are unchanged with muscle movement. Eventually dynamic lines become static.
- Crow’s feet around the eyes are due to smiling and activity of the eyelid muscles (orbicularis oculi).
- Worry lines on the forehead are due to contraction of the frontalis muscle when raising the eyebrows
- Frown lines between the eyebrows are due to contraction of corrugator supercilii muscles and procerus muscle when concentrating or angry
What is dermaroller / microneedling
Dermaroller or skin needling is referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring such as that caused by acne or chicken pox. It has also been successfully applied for hair restoration in cases of hair loss.
How does dermaroller work
The treatment introduces a series of fine, sharp micro-needles into the skin. The needles are attached to a single use, sterile roller which is moved over the surface of the skin to create many microscopic channels. This damage encourages the body to produce new collagen and elastin to repair itself and hence generate new skin cells; the skin becomes thicker, plumper and more youthful.
What can dermaroller treat
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Hair loss
Here are some facts about dermaroller
- The channels created will close rapidly following the treatment enabling skin to recover quickly.
- In order not to feel any discomfort a topical anaesthetic will be applied to numb the skin and will normally take between 20-30 minutes to take effect.
- A specialised cocktail for your individual requirements will be applied to the skin during the needling procedure. This generally will include pure sterile ingredients such as: Vitamins, Amino Acids, Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Dermal roller is sterile and a new roller is used for each individual client.
- The needles are made of Titanium Alloy and cannot cause any allergic reaction.
- Dermal roller procedure does not cause any damage to skin
- Healing process is short and aftercare is inexpensive
It is recommended to have a minimum of three treatments with about 6 weeks apart for general anti-ageing and fine lines.
Get A Free Consultation
Drop us a message and we will be more than happy to schedule you for a consultation with our esteemed doctors or alternatively we will send you a quick quote for the desired treatment.
Request A Skype Consultation
Need a quick face to face consultation but you’re just too far away? No problem! Provide us with your basic details and Skype ID and you will receive an invitation from us and we can proceed from there.