WHAT CAUSES AGE SPOTS?
Overexposure to the sun will trigger the skin into producing melanin, creating a layer of pigmentation in order to shield itself against the harmful UV rays. However, age spots will begin to form when the melanin production is concentrated in a series of small spots, resulting in the formation of black grey or brown spots across the skin.
Hyperpigmentation occurs in the same way, but the difference is that the rapid melanin production becomes concentrated in a small patch instead of a series of spots. It is also usually darker in colour but like age spots, it does not actually harm the skin or body in any way.
Dermaroller or skin needling is referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring such as that caused by acne or chicken pox. It has also been successfully applied for hair restoration in cases of hair loss.
How Does Dermaroller Work
The treatment introduces a series of fine, sharp micro-needles into the skin. The needles are attached to a single use, sterile roller which is moved over the surface of the skin to create many microscopic channels. This damage encourages the body to produce new collagen and elastin to repair itself and hence generate new skin cells; the skin becomes thicker, plumper and more youthful.
What Can Dermaroller Treat
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Hair loss
Here Are Some Facts About Dermaroller
- The channels created will close rapidly following the treatment enabling skin to recover quickly.
- In order not to feel any discomfort a topical anaesthetic will be applied to numb the skin and will normally take between 20-30 minutes to take effect.
- A specialised cocktail for your individual requirements will be applied to the skin during the needling procedure. This generally will include pure sterile ingredients such as: Vitamins, Amino Acids, Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Dermal roller is sterile and a new roller is used for each individual client.
- The needles are made of Titanium Alloy and cannot cause any allergic reaction.
- Dermal roller procedure does not cause any damage to skin
- Healing process is short and aftercare is inexpensive
It is recommended to have a minimum of three treatments with about 4 weeks apart for general anti-ageing and pigmentation reduction.