The Private Clinic’s Hair Transplant surgeons have extensive experience in FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Hair Transplants and are some of the most sought after Hair Restoration specialists in Europe. They work alongside our team of renowned Trichologists to provide a full service of hair loss advice and treatment, designed around individual needs.
Hair transplantation treatments are available at our London Harley Street, Birmingham and Leeds clinics. However we offer hair transplant consultations across the UK.
“It’s absolutely amazing. It amazes me now to think I nearly didn’t do it. I could not be happier with it.”
Tom Peck, Features Writer, The Independent Magazine – Hair Transplant FUE(Follicular unit extraction) with Dr. Kouremada-Zioga
Up to 50% of men will have experienced some degree of hair loss by the time they reach 50. And for many, hair loss will occur far earlier whilst they are in their 20s, 30s or even late teens.
The main cause for 95% men experiencing a thinning scalp is something called Androgentic Alopecia – more commonly referred to as Male Pattern Baldness. The hereditary condition occurs when a male hormone called dihydrotestosterone causes certain follicles to shrink and produce abnormal hair with a shorter life.
In Male Pattern Baldness, the first area patients typically see hair loss in is the crown, followed by thinning around the hairline and temples, before the mid-anterior scalp is affected. However, patients all have different experiences of the condition and some may see varying patterns depending on their case.
Other causes of hair loss in men include stress, disease, and physical reactions to medication, though your case is individual to you. Hair loss is always about much more than a receding hair line. It can deeply affect an individual’s confidence and self esteem, and we believe that’s the most important thing to address.
While hair loss is in its early stages, medication can be an effective way to manage and prevent it occuring (read about our hair loss medication). However, once thinning has occurred and the hair is permanently lost, transplantation is the only effective way to treat the area.
The FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Follicular Unit Extraction, or FUE, involves removing healthy hair follicles directly from a donor area on the scalp (usually at the back of the head where the hair is plentiful) and grafting them onto the bald or thinning areas.
The treatment is carried out under local rather than general anaesthetic, eliminating risks and downtime associated with other hair transplant procedures. And, because the treatment is minimally invasive, there is no detectable scarring and, in most cases, patients are able to return to work the next day with permanent results.
The method uses a specialised punch device, ranging in diameter from 0.6mm – 0.9mm, to extract follicular units complete with neccessary glands. This seperates surrounding tissue from the unit, meaning minimum trauma and better results, as well as minimal risk of any detectable scarring. Transplantation of all the vital elements of each hair follicle means a better survival rate and better growth. The treatment is performed under a high powered microscope using specialy designed instruments, allowing the surgeon to work with the upmost precision for natural-looking, undetectable results.
Advantages of having your FUE Hair Transplant at The Private Clinic:
- You will be treated by highly experienced Doctors. Our Hair Transplant surgeons are specialised in FUE and treat hundreds of patients every year.
- FUE is a minimally invasive treatment, carried out under local anaesthetic – many patients either watch TV, or even fall asleep during the procedure.
- Unlike the Strip (FUT) procedure, you won’t require any stitches after your treatment. This means that the recovery time is also reduced when compared to the Strip surgery.
- We use the finest instruments, resulting in as minimal trauma to your scalp as possible.
- Thanks to our advanced skills and techniques, results can be undetectable.
- Following treatment, you won’t have any linear scarring across the back of your head – you’ll be free to wear your hair long or short.
- We work by hair, not per graft – this ensures that only the strongest, healthiest follicles are selected for your transplant procedure.
- Your results will look natural, with denser packing – the hair is implanted in the direction that matches your hair growth, and because we select healthy follicles, the treated area will look densely filled.
- Our surgeons are the only surgeons in the UK offering the Unshaven Hair Transplant (U-FUE) to those who prefer not to shave beforehand. At your consultation, we will be able to advise you on whether an unshaven procedure is suitable for you.
- Scars resulting from injuries or previous surgeries can also be corrected.
Our specialist hair transplant surgeons Dr. Raghu Reddy, Dr. Kouremada Zioga, Dr. Tetiana Mamontova and Dr. Michael Mouzakis offer the most advanced, minimally invasive Hair Transplant techniques available today – leaving no visible scarring or linear scar at the back of the head. You can wear your hair however you want after your procedure and get back to your daily life as quickly as possible with minimal fuss and discomfort.
We are one of the very few clinics able to offer Unshaven procedures, and treat Afro Caribbean hair loss, as well as eyebrows and facial hair. In addition, due to the knowledge and precision of our team, we can utilise body hair in hair transplants if you have a lack of suitable donor hairs on your scalp.
The FUE Hair Transplant Results
You will be able to see the outline of your new hair line immediately after treatment. 6-12 months later, the transplanted hair will have re-grown fully and the bald patch or receding hair line will have disappeared. The results are totally natural-looking and permanent.
You can leave the clinic immediately after treatment. Healing takes approximately 5-7 days, after which point any redness or slight swelling in the treatment area will have subsided.
Get A Free Consultation
Drop us a message and we will be more than happy to schedule you for a consultation with our esteemed doctors or alternatively we will send you a quick quote for the desired treatment.
Request A Skype Consultation
Need a quick face to face consultation but you’re just too far away? No problem! Provide us with your basic details and Skype ID and you will receive an invitation from us and we can proceed from there.