Lip Rejuvenation and Volume Enhancement
Juvederm Volbella Lip Enhancement
Non-Surgical Lip Augmentation
Juvederm Lips Injectable Gel
If your desire is natural lip augmentation – shapely, plump or subtle — that passes the kiss test and more, then meet, our Nexus Doctors, certified in injectable fillers, and also known as “The Wrinkle Fairies”, the doctors of Nexus Clinic are proficient in the advanced injection methods that take lips to new levels of beauty. There is more to lip enhancement than just precise injection; it is as much art as it is science. We are honored to be among the country’s top 5 Juvederm injectors.
What is lip enhancement?
- Enlarging size and volume of upper, lower and/or both lips
- Restoring the volume that is lost by the lips and soft tissues around the mouth due to aging
- Increasing length of lips
- Reshaping lip irregularities from birth, trauma or scars
- Everting, or rolling up inverted lips as a result of natural anatomy or aging
- Lifting and turning up the sagging corners of the lips
- Filling fine vertical lines, so-called “smoker’s lips”, of the upper and lower lips
- Cupid’s bow recreation
- Enhancing the Vermillion border line (margins of the lip skin to mucosa junction)
- Recreating the beautiful philtrum (the dimple between the two columns between the nose and the upper lip) lost due to aging
What type of product is used for lip enhancement in Nexus?
A soft, smooth gel filler comprised of two main ingredients. The primary ingredient is cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel, and the other is lidocaine, a mild anesthetic to make the injection virtually pain free.
What is the world’s second most popular cosmetic procedure, you ask?
Yes, you guessed it, facial fillers. (Botox is, of course, number one. Read about it here.)
Who can benefit from lip augmentation fillers?
Primarily those who desire younger, plump lips, or those with vertical “smokers lines.” Fillers are also used to improve the texture of the lips and may be combined with Botox.
Where can fillers be injected to reduce wrinkles?
Dermal fillers are injected painlessly by a lip augmentation Nexus physician using a tiny needle into the following area of the face:
- Muscles of the forehead
- Frown lines, known as glabella
- Chin, to reduce puckering
- Deep smile lines
- Corners of lips, for lifting and volumizing effect
- Around the eyes
- To elevate the sagging eyebrow tail eliminating crowding of excessive redundant upper eyelid skin
- To elevate sagging tip of nose
- To rejuvenate the aging neck by reducing the appearance of vertical neck bands
- To reduce horizontal neck fold lines
- To rejuvenate the female cleavage and reduce crepey skin and wrinkles of decolletage
- To slim the face by relaxing the protruding jaw muscles, thus reducing the round “chubby face” look
- To reduce the bulky size of protruding salivary and parotid glands
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a complex polysaccharide (sugar) naturally found in many tissues of the body, such as in skin and cartilage. It binds to water to create more volume and elasticity in the skin to correct the appearance of wrinkles and facial folds.
How do hyaluronic acid gels work?
Hyaluronic acid molecules have the ability to attract water (they are hydrophilic), hence plumping the lips.
How and why do our lips age?
Our lips age, deflate and sag as a result of many years of constant movement and folding caused by the contraction of the underlying muscles of the lower face and lips, in particular the orbicularis oris muscle. This inevitable process occurs during pouting, smiling, laughing, yawning, or simply talking. All these movements happen thousands of times per day. In addition, forces of gravity, sun exposure, smoking and decline of collagen and elastin production in our body after age 30 result in loss of youthful appearance in one of our most attractive facial features, our kissing lips.
Do men get lip enhancement injections?
Rarely but yes, especially to the deep vertical smoker lines of the upper lips and sagging corners of the mouth.
What are the similarities and differences between the different fillers?
They all consist of hyaluronic acid. The difference is the manufacturers and the manufacturing technologies.
How long does a Nexus lip enhancement injection take?
How soon can results be noticed?
How long do results of Volbella and Juvederm last?
Usually up to one year, but individual results vary.
Is there a permanent lip filler?
Yes, there are two:
- PermaLip, which is a gummy-worm-shaped permanent silicon soft lip implant that is inserted into the upper and lower lips during a half-hour-long outpatient procedure. This is NOT available in Malaysia.
- Silicone liquid gel injection. We do not recommend this highly illegal, unnatural and controversial procedure. The long term outcome can be devastating to the lips. Please avoid liquid silicone injections anywhere in your face or body.
When do I need to return to for another Juvederm lip filler injection?
Usually repeating lip enhancement procedures in six months intervals is best in order to avoid returning to pre-procedure appearance.
Is there any downtime after the lip enhancement injection?
No, there is no downtime. You may return to your normal day immediately upon leaving our office.
What are the key benefits of filler lip augmentation injections in Nexus Clinic?
It is a single, safe procedure that enhances, fills and rejuvenates the lips. The goal is to beautify, augment, enhance definition, shape, volume and size of lips, bringing back youth and beauty to the most admired and envied feature of the face, the lips.
How much Juvederm do I need to enhance my lips?
What ever it takes to make you happy. Since this procedure is technique dependent, our Nexus lip augmentation experts at the Nexus Clinic achieve pleasant, natural and lasting lip rejuvenation with ultimate results. Overly aggressive injection or using too much filler may lead to undesirable effects.
Is it painful?
No, since your lips are anesthetized using topical anesthetic prior to treatment. In addition, Juvederm fillers contain Lidocaine, which further aids in pain reduction. The needle used during the injection is tiny, so in the hands of our trained staff, these treatments are virtually pain-free.
Other ways of making you more comfortable during the procedure may include:
- The injection gels contain lidocaine (except Belotero)
- Cold therapy with ice
- Topical anesthetic cream
- Local nerve block injections achieve effective and temporary anesthesia without any bruise and last half an hour
Are there any side effects?
Side effect are extremely rare, but they have been described in the medical literature as bruising, swelling, redness, dryness, temporary discomfort and numbness, cold sores, discoloration or itching of the treated area.
Are lip augmentation injection fillers FDA approved?
Yes. Except for silicone gel injections.
Why should fillers not be injected in hair salons?
Fillers and injectables of all kinds including Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are very delicate procedures, and in the hands of non-experts or even improperly trained medical practitioners, including dentists, nurses, aestheticians who do not have the expertise nor the experience in dealing with any adverse effects, the outcome can be disheartening. Our personal advice is to make sure you avoid non-cosmetic practitioners, Botox parties held at a non-medical site, spas and hair salons alike, where sterility of the environment cannot be guaranteed. It is best to trust the Nexus Clinic lip augmentation experts. We take pride in being one of the country’s top 5 injectors.
What should I do before the treatment?
Cleanse your face and remove all makeup using our signature Elixir Cleanse – Gentle Cleanser
Who cannot have Volbella or lip augmentation?
Anyone who is pregnant, allergic to lidocaine or Juvederm should not have a lip augmentation injection. Presence of any infection or herpes cold sores is also a contraindication to getting filler lip augmentation.
What should I do after lip augmentation injections?
Avoid touching, scratching and harshly rubbing the injected area to prevent contamination. Applying lipstick is allowed, as long as it is part of your personal makeup and not someone else’s. Avoid harsh or prolonged direct sun exposure.
What is the cost of a of a Liposuction and Cosmetic Surgery Institute of Chicago lip augmentation treatment?
Your investment in the beauty of your lips may cost from RM 2200 depending on how many vials are required to create your perfect lips.
Get A Free Consultation
Drop us a message and we will be more than happy to schedule you for a consultation with our esteemed doctors or alternatively we will send you a quick quote for the desired treatment.
Request A Skype Consultation
Need a quick face to face consultation but you’re just too far away? No problem! Provide us with your basic details and Skype ID and you will receive an invitation from us and we can proceed from there.